Do you want to improve your smile and be confident about yourself again? If so, keep in mind that you have several choices for cosmetic dental work. Cosmetic dentistry Adelaide is a branch of dentistry that deals with the visual and physical appearance of your teeth and mouth. It’s currently on the rise. You’ll notice that even a few reality shows on television have already showcased how a dentist can transform anyone’s teeth to give them a smile they’ve always wanted. However, for you to achieve a better smile, you need to know which cosmetic dental procedure is right for you. To get you familiar, here are five of the most common methods for cosmetic dentistry:
- Teeth Whitening: Popuarly is known as “teeth bleaching,” this popular dental procedure focuses on whitening your teeth and freeing it from discolouration and staining. This procedure can be done either at home or in the dental clinic. Keep in mind that not everyone’s teeth can be bleached. Make sure you check with your dentist first to see if your teeth are eligible for whitening.
- Cosmetic Dental Veneers: Made from quality porcelain or composite materials, Veneers are a thin shell that treats dental conditions such as crooked teeth, chipped teeth, discoloured teeth, or even cover gaps in between the teeth. They can be custom made and cemented to either the front side of your teeth.
- Cosmetic Dental Implants: Dental implants are metal devices designed to replace missing teeth. The device is usually made from titanium and is surgically placed into the jawbone of the missing tooth. Dental implants are designed to serve as the tooth root, which anchors the artificial teeth in place. As a result, it will look natural, and people won’t even notice that it’s false teeth.
- Cosmetic Dental Crowns: Crowns, also called caps, are custom-made to fit perfectly over your entire tooth after your cosmetic dentist has prepared it. These crowns are made out of quality porcelain or acrylic that has been fused to metal to withstand biting pressure. Crowns can be used also in cosmetic dentistry Adelaide to treat poorly-shaped teeth. At the same time, it can also treat teeth that are chipped, broken, had large fillings, or badly decayed.
- Cosmetic Teeth Shaping: Also known as “enamel shaping,” the cosmetic dentist can help reshape the tooth by filling or removing some of the excess enamel. This process is usually painless and can produce immediate results.
For more details about cosmetic dentistry Adelaide, click here. You can also visit our website and get a free quote on your desired cosmetic dental procedure.